11/29- UT Work

As the deadline for the December 1 deadline is soon, I finished up the final touches on my three essays. I also continued working on my essays for the scholarship and honors program. I'm applying to both the liberal arts and Plan Two honors programs. I might reuse one of my essays for the Forty Acres scholarship but I'm not sure yet. I'm writing about the albums that I think represent me.



  1. I’m a contemporary music history buff: I spend hours upon hours of free time researching influential and innovative musical artworks of the last 50 years, many of which have influenced the person I am today (I’ll discuss four of them here).
  2. I’ve never been a decent vocalist, and I always thought you needed singing ability to create modern music; however, the ambient instrumental soundscapes of Sigur Rós’ Ágætis byrjun showed me that I can challenge my assumptions and create beautiful art without a typical musical background.
  3. Soundtrack from Twin Peaks by Angelo Badalamenti pulses through one of my favorite television shows; David Lynch’s iconic series introduced me to experimental filmmaking and generated my love of “weird” media.
  4. Abbey Road introduced me to music, my most meaningful hobby, at a young age, and I think my dad secretly named me after the album.
  5. I see myself in Annie Clark, whose album St. Vincent showed me that if a public-school girl from East Dallas can win a grammy, I can achieve my far-reaching career goals as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/1- This Machine Kills Fascists

9/12- American Supplements

4/6